Thursday, August 9, 2012

how to: make Mod Podge

I want to make my own coasters and I need Mod Podge to do it. I saw that I could just make it myself. Here is where I learned how.

You need a jar or container. I was too cheap to buy a jar so I used tupperware. All you do is mix 1 part Elmer's Glue and 1 part water and mix it up! I know it worked because it worked to glue scrapbook paper on the tiles I am using for coasters. One side note: the mixture does tend to settle to make sure to shake it up whenever you need to use it.
The glue was 50 cents at Walmart, the tupperware and water were free. Best DIY ever :)

2 comments:

  1. How to make waterproof mod podge...or is this waterproof??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't say it's waterproof - when I used this Mod Podge to make coasters I just sprayed Rustoleum Crystal Clear Enamel on them to make them waterproof and it's been working wonderfully.

      Delete