Wednesday, August 8, 2012

how to: dress up your keys

It has been SO long since I've blogged! I've been living with the in-laws and I don't buy the groceries or have any desire to make things for a house that isn't mine. But now I'm living in Tucson with my husband. It's a new place, we moved here so he could go to medical school at the University of Arizona, which leaves me jobless, friendless and with a new place to decorate.
When we first got here they gave us our keys and they were so ugly. Gold is growing on me but these keys were just ugly gold. While on Pinterest I saw an idea to paint your keys with nail polish and I decided to give it a try.

I wrapped tape around the part of the key that I didn't want to paint. I knew I wouldn't be careful enough on my own.
I painted just regular colored nail polish, waited for it to dry, then painted glitter nail polish over it. Once both are dry you flip it over and paint again. So easy and simple but I really like how they turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment