Thursday, February 16, 2012

how to: make Valentine's Chex Mix

Valentine Chex Mix
I saw this recipe on Pinterest and it was delicious. The pink M&Ms and sprinkles made it a perfect Valentine's Day treat. I gave some to my visiting teachees and Spencer and I polished off the rest before the end of the night. Oops :)

9 cups of Rice Chex cereal
2 cups of white chocolate baking chips
1 cup of peanut butter
2 tbsp of butter
2/3 cup powdered sugar
1/2 cup M&Ms
Sprinkles

Put the cereal in a large bowl. You're going to want it to be big enough to stir all that cereal with the melted chocolate and peanut butter and not get it all over the counter. I was not so lucky.
Put chocolate, peanut butter and butter in a microwavable bowl and microwave on high for 30 seconds. Stir. Continue microwaving and stirring in 30 second intervals until melted and smooth. Pour peanut butter mixture over Chex until evenly coated.
Put half of the cereal mixture in a plastic bag and add the powdered sugar. Shake until evenly coated.
The recipe tells you to stir the M&Ms and sprinkles into the other half of the cereal mixture. If you do this I promise it will not look like this beautiful picture. Unfortunately. So here I tweek the recipe for you. Spread the unsugared half onto wax paper and allow to cool for 15-20 minutes. Then in a large bowl combine both of the mixtures with the M&Ms and sprinkles. I am assuming that would make it look prettier than the way I did it.
Enjoy! You're going to love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment