Saturday, February 18, 2012

how to: make BBQ chicken sandwiches

So Spencer doesn't like presents. He loves free things but not presents. He'd rather just have money. I truly learned that after Christmas when he only kept one thing that I got him. So with Valentine's day I didn't really want to try. I know a bunch of things that he would like but, again, he'd rather I saved the money. I'm not creative enough to think of something free and meaningful to give him so what he got for Valentine's day was food. He was gone all day at school and I had to nanny that night so I made him BBQ chicken in a crockpot that he could use to make sandwiches when he got home. Romantic, I know. He thought it was great and I guess that's what counts ha.

I found this recipe here but I've tweeked it just a little. There was some left over so I was able to try it when I came home and it was really good.

4 chicken breasts
12 ounces of BBQ sauce
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup italian dressing
2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce

Add all the ingredients into the crock pot and stir. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours. When the chicken is soft enough, shred it and let it sit a little longer. Serve on hamburger buns.

No comments:

Post a Comment